As a teacher I think Thanksgiving comes a just about the perfect time, because for me It is easy to forget how truly incredible this job is, especially when you walk into the classroom before dawn and leave after dusk,
Last year about this time I offered you all 250 words on why we should all be thankful to be teachers,
That list included things like prime parking spots, best chair in the room and awesome work stories.
This year I thought I would add to that list:
12 more reason to love this job:
- You are a professional inspirer (is that a real word?) who else get to be that… other than the pope or maybe Tom Brady.
- 70% of Pinterest is there just for you.
- Every single day at work offers you a genuine opportunity to laugh or smile.
- You represent the best hope for many of your students.
- You can be the ONE caring adult that research says separates individualswho succeed in life from those who fail.
- Overwhelming sure, frustrating yes, but never ever boring.
- This is a job you are supposed to take personally.
- No one will ever tell you, you took the job for the money.
- You get a lifetime supply of coffee cup you will never use.
- When you correct people’s grammar they have to listen.
- You can blame spots, stains, and excessive glitter events on the kids
- There is always someone out there willing to tell you how to do your job